The Cheltenham MTB team is a roster within the SoMont family of teams. This team participates only in the PICL/NICA programs (Pennsylvania Interscholastic League & National Interscholastic Cycling League) and contains student-athletes that live in and go to Cheltenham School District schools.
The SoMont Cheltenham team practices on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings at either Lorimer Park, Pennypack Park, Twining Valley Park or Wissahickon Park.
Here are some quick facts about joining our programs.
- Co-ed grades 6-12 fall/winter 2023/24
- We practice 2/3 times a week starting early July
- We ride at Lorimer Park, Pennypack, Wissahickon/Forbidden Drive and other local trail networks
- Event season late August thru end of October
- Team Registration opens around April 15
- “TryIt Rides” and Get-to-know-ya events April and May
- Financial aid, bikes and equipment available
We’re always looking for adult volunteers – reach out!
SoMont Cheltenham riders racing Granite Hill, Gettysburg September 2021