Independence Youth Cycling develops and supports local, state and national youth cycling programs in and around the Philadelphia area.
Independence Youth Cycling chapter teams, SoMont Cycling Youth MTB (Abington, Cheltenham, West, East) and Philly Wiss Composite, are National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) & Pennsylvania Interscholastic Cycling League (PICL) certified teams.
Got questions about our teams? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions about joining our NICA/PICL teams.
Looking for info about SoMont? Visit the SoMont Cycling website for more information.
Learn more about NICA and PICL below.
NICA is the national governing body for interscholastic mountain biking programs for student-athletes across the United States. It supports 31 state/local leagues across the USA with resources including coach training and licensing, athlete development programs, liability insurance, and more.
Building strong minds, bodies, character, and communities through cycling.
Every youth is empowered to be part of a thriving and engaged cycling community.
- Fun: NICA inspires friendship, joy, and adventure.
- Inclusivity: NICA believes everyone should be able to participate in our programs and feel welcomed, respected and supported.
- Equity: NICA is committed to fair treatment, equal access, opportunity, advancement and elimination of barriers to encourage participation for all.
- Respect: NICA expects consideration for all others, oneself, and the outdoors.
- Community: NICA unites diverse people, families and communities through cycling by creating fun and welcoming experiences.